Saturday, July 27, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

Well it has almost been an entire month since the last time I was in my house for over 12 hours, and I can honestly say I have not ever been so grateful to be home.  I love it so much.

Today has quite honestly been the longest day of my life.  I got up at 4:45 Paris, France time, and it is now 8:20 Virginia time.  Well, I;m not sure if you are aware of the ti;e difference, but it is almost 2:30 my body's time, and I am so tired.

Now it hasn't been the best day, in fact I spent a good 14 hours traveling, sitting on an airplane, switching terminals, checking and rechecking luggage, all of it, it has just been going on and on and on.  I think the worst part of all of it though was when I finally got back to Virginia.

Every time one of my sisters comes back from college all of us go to pick them up and are waiting right there so as soon as they pass through they gate we can all run and hug each other.  I was so looking forward to this kind of greeting, with Ari running towards me yelling "Kelli!" before giving me a GIANT hug.  Well I sure did get my hopes up because when I walked out of that gate there wasn't anyone there.

I thought, oh it's okay, they're probably waiting at the wrong one, right?  I mean, they couldn't have just forgotten to come get me, could they?  Well they could, and they did.  I ended up waiting at the airport for about another twenty minutes after finally getting a hold of my dad.  I mean, no one would even answer their phones.  I'm not sure what happened, but that truly sucked.  And it didn't make me mad, it just really hurt, the thought that here I've been gone for a month and they just forgot to come pick me up.

Well it's all good now, I'm home, I'm fed, and I'm lying in my bed.  To the best ending that I could have thought of to the longest day of my life, this is me going off to sleep in my bed.  Night!  And America, it's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment