Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Disney

So I was listening to music on Youtube yesterday, and as I'm sure just like everyone else, I started with one song and ended up hopping to a completely different genre than where I started.  Well I ended up coming across this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHr_jqGTu_Y

It's the "Circle of Life" sung by a bunch of the old Disney stars including Raven Symone and Hilary Duff.  It just made me think how sad it is that Disney Channel went form that to "TTYLXOX" by Bella Thorne and "Swag it Out."  Need I say more?

Am I the only who misses the old Disney Channel TV shows?  Lizzie McGuire, Phil of the Future, That's So Raven, Kim Possible, and Even Stevens.  And then Nickelodean, with Rugrats, Drake and Josh, Hey Arnold, Rocket Power, Danny Phantom, even Zoey 101.  It's just kinda sad that all those shows that were worth watching have been replaced by things like Adventure Time, Shake It Up, Jessie, and Dog With a Blog.

What I wish we could do is start a new channel with all the old shows, the GOOD ones, TV shows that were worth watching.  Even if I'm not the one watching it, doesn't it concern anyone else that our future children will be watching garbage as television continues to digress?

Just food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment