Friday, July 26, 2013

And Then There Were None

Today marks my very last full day here in France.  It's crazy to think how fast time has gone by, it feels like just the other day that I was waiting in the Airport back in Norfolk to head out here.  I have to admit that I do miss my home and family considerabley, but even still, it's sad to be going.

I left Belle Isle on Thursday, even though I was starting to get bored with doing the same things everyday there, I still was sad to see it go.  That morning I had the chance to go up and take pictures of one of my favorite sights, some cliffs above the girl's favorite beach.  I don't think I would have been able to leave had I not gotten those pictures. 

The day was absolutely perfect.  Nothing could describe the beauty of it, not words, not pictures, nothing.  I wish that I could have just captured that perfetness and put it away. I'm thinking a little box to keep all those perfect moments in, and then I could open it on "rainy days," just as a little reminder of the good times when times don't seem so good.

I spent my last day in Nantes packing and making sure that I had everything I needed.  I wish I could have just gone and seen a little more, maybe another Church, or a castle, or even just more architecture.

All in all this trip has been amazing and I don't think it would ever be possible to forget any of it.  And to make the perfect ending for the perfect vacation I had my last dinner at a little crêperie.  And what did I have, a crêpe of course!  But what made it even better was that I got one with ratatouille.  I don't think I can describe how absolutely thrilled I was to see that on the menu.  It was even more perfect because earlier today I had been thinking about how I wished I'd had the chance to try it while I was in France.

Now it's bed time because I have a looong day ahead of me tomorrow.  Goodnight, for the lqst time, from Paris!!

No comments:

Post a Comment