Paris has been amazing! I can't believe today is my last day and I'll be on my way towards Nantes tomorrow. However, I'm so excited to see Mont Saint Michelle tomorrow.
Here are some things I have decided about France:
1. It smells, like bad. Everyone smokes, and there is no air, all you breathe is cigarette smoke. Most disgusting things ever. It's even worse than New York.
2. If people eat as much as we have been eating these last few days, I really don't understand how they're all so skinny. I feel like I'm going to die of liver failure.
3. If you ever want to make money by playing on the side of the street, don't do it in Paris, everyone else is already here. However, if you don't want to stick out like a sore thumb, Paris is the place to be.

Yesterday was amazing. We went and saw Notre Dame, and the Sacre Coeur. Both of which, for those who don't know, are churches, big, gorgeous churches. I was simply amazed by the beauty of the churches, and I think that if I actually went to church that looked like they do, it would take a few hundred Sundays for me to stop paying attention to all the detail and to pay attention to the service.

I also got to go see one of those little markets with all the painters. It was such a cool thing to experience. I have heard of little markets like that, but it's crazy how talented the people all were. These tiny little canvases with these amazing works of art, it's amazing.
Today was a lot of fun. We finally went to go shopping beyond hitting little souvenir shops along the way to wherever we were going. However, even better than the shopping was what happened right before we got to the mall.

We were about two blocks away from the mall, and I was thinking that it would be really cool to see missionaries in Paris, when low-and-behold there they were. Two elders walked by, and it took me by surprise. I honestly thought it was the coolest thing ever. I literally ran after them so I could say hi. luckily they both spoke English, and I'm pretty sure at least one was from Utah. But so I got to talk to them for a little bit and they gave me a french copy of the Book of Mormon.
I gave it to Jade and her family, and I hope that they will read it, and who knows what will happen. :) Perhaps she and her family will read it and it might touch them in a way that they can't deny, how cool would that be, halfway around the world and I still had the opportunity to do missionary work.
No comments:
Post a Comment