Wednesday, July 10, 2013

We're Here!

Sorry it's been a couple of days, but let me catch you up.

On Monday night we went for a night boat trip on the Sienne. It was absolutely beautiful, I don't think I've ever seen anything so beautiful.  Also after that boat ride I have decided that I do indeed like Paris, I just like it much better at night, on a boat, where you can't smell the smoke or see dirty streets.



I think my favorite part of that night was that there were these live performers right there along the water.  This little quartet was playing, one on the piano, one on the violin, one on the bass, and one on the accordion.  After our boat ride Mr. and Mrs. Toth danced to their music.  I'm pretty sure it was one of the cutest things ever.

A little bit down the pier from where the quartet was playing there was another piano, just sitting there for anyone to play.  Jade and I went over and we played it for a little while.  I sat down and played one of the only songs I know.  I've been thinking, what would you do if you knew that I had played and sang our song beneath the Eiffel Tour in Paris, France?

 Yesterday was our last "day" in Paris, it was really only our last few hours, and then we were off to Mont Saint Michel.  The night before I had decided that I desperately wanted to buy my sister a painting from the artist market.  Luckily the Toths were kind enough to oblique and they drove us back to Sacre Cœur so I could get one.  The painting I got is beautiful, and hopefully my sister will think so too so it will have been worth it.

After going to the artist market we headed out for this beautiful castle on the sea.  Well sometimes it's an island on the sea, and sometimes it's just a little hill surrounded by farmland.  It was absolutely gorgeous, and it was full of little nooks and crannies.  Going to places like that make me wish that I lived at a different time in a different place.

I got my dad and brother these awesome little daggers at on of the gift shops, words cannot describe how excited I am to give the, their gifts, it's gonna be amazing.

For dinner we stopped to get these famous omelettes from Mere Poulard, a restaurant special to le Mont Saint Michel.  I was super excited, famous food?  How can you go wrong?  Well I got my omelette and it turns out it's like a soufflé.  I'm pretty sure it was the strangest texture to an omelette ever, but surprisingly quite delicious.  Just goes to show, you can't judge a book by its cover, or an omelette by the fact its been souffléd.

Now I'm going to get on my soup box for a minute here.  On the bus from Mt St Michel back to the parking lot there was this family with this little boy, no more than three years old, probably closer to two.  Well it was late and I'm sure it had been a long day for the poor little boy so he was a little fussy.  However all of the other passengers were getting upset by his fussing.  What makes you think that you have the right to get mad at a two year old that way?  Were you a perfect child that never fussed? I highly doubt that, so don't get all uptight, it's okay.  It just makes me angry when people act like that.  Just grow up.

We then drove to our hotel a little ways away.  It was so precious, this little old fashioned building on the corner of town.  Our room was little but very nice.  My favorite part? Now don't laugh, but it was the bathroom.  It just had one of those perfect tubs, and so of course I had to take a bath.  It was probably one of the most relaxing things I have done in years.

I ended up just passing out on my bed last night, I was so tired, and I'm glad I did because today was another long day.

We went to Saint Melo, a Pirate Village.  It was so cool, lots of cute little shops and these tall beautiful buildings.  We got to take a tour or a merchants home, I think the staircase in the front alone was worth the walk that it took to get there.  A "déjeuner" of what looked like crêpes but cooked until it was crispy; and then we were on our way to Nantes.

And that's where we stand now, well sit.  And after much journeying we have finally arrived back "home."  We're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment