Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lazy Days

Today has been a lazy day.  I don't think people always understand the power behind a lazy day.  A day in which you have a whole world of possibilities but choose to take the time to relax, those can sometimes be the best.  To take the time to reflect on your life, plan for the future, to think, to explore the expanses of your mind, to dream, to consider, that's the best way to spend a lazy day.

I've just been sitting here writing a few post cards and writing in my journal, listening to country music.  Jade is out at some appointment so I've had just a few hours to do nothing and it's been great.  And this is what I've been thinking about, relationships.

Quotes.Now I know that I'm always the one to complain about being single, because honestly, it sucks.  But at the same time I've decided it's pretty great.  It's funny, while I sit here and listen to all of these songs about relationships, and love and being alone, it really hits home some of my own feelings.  At times I feel just like Hunter Hayes when he sings "seems everybody's got somebody but me," but then at other times it's so great to just be free.  When you don't have someone, you can do and be whoever you want to be.  You don't have to worry about how they might feel about something you do, or if they'll like how you look.  Who cares?  Life is short, so live it out loud.  Bob Marley once said "some people feel the rain, others just get wet."  I want to feel the rain, and if for now I feel it by myself, then that's great.

I have decided I'm okay.  I like who I am, and until I enter the next chapter of my life, I'm going to live in this one, and I'm not going to keep rereading past chapters, because then I'll never get to the next.

Just my thoughts on where I am right now, and I'm glad I got to take just this bit of lazy time to think.  I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment