Friday, July 19, 2013

Setting Up a Tent

Last night I had this great idea, why not sleep outside?

Well originally I just wanted to sleep out under the stars, but when I asked Jade and Manon if they would like to camp out too they said "in a tent?"  They were pretty set on this tent thing, so we got to setting it up.

Now, I have been camping an inumerous amount of times in my life, and I know how to set up a tent.  Easy peasy, right?  Well I swear this tent was from another planet.  It was truly the hardest thing to set up, ever.  And I'm no idiot, it shouldn't have been that hard.

Now I give myself a bit of credit because, firstly, the instructions were in French, and as much as I learned in my French classes, "Instructions for a Tent" failed to be in the curriculum.  Secondly, I was the one who finally figured out how to set it up.

I have decided something about setting up a tent with girls however, it is much like going to summer school.  Why? I'll tell you:

1.  You are surrounded by people that have no idea what they are doing.
2.  It's pretty much a living He**
3.  It's probably the worst way of going about getting done what needs to be done.
4.  Probably one of the worst ways to spend your time.

Now, I'm not sexist.  And if I was it wouldn't be against girls, because I am one, that'd just be dumb.  However, girls just shouldn't be allowed to set up tents.  If, however, they have a father like mine, a Mr. Campsalot, then sure, they might actually know what they're doing.  Girly girls? Nope, shouldn't be done.

It all worked out though, and thankfully we got the tent up just in time before it started raining.  But I honestly think it was one of the most complicated parts of my trip to France.

No comments:

Post a Comment