Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cathedrals, Castles and Cornets

You know that you have been around French people too long when the voice in your head has been permanently changed into speaking broken English with a French accent, and when you start having dreams in French that you don't understand.

Today was another "chill" day.  Jade and I went tanning and packed for the beach tomorrow, but besides that, pretty much all we did was lay on the couch all day.  I can now say that I am very much caught up on Pinterest and Facebook.

However, we did take a break after lunch to go into town with Mr. Toth.   We went and saw the Nantes Castle as well as the Cathedral.  The Cathedral was absolutely stunning.  In fact the side almost reminded me of a Mormon Temple, but then I don't think that even the hundreds of years old castles and cathedrals can compare to the House of God.

However when we got to the cathedral there was this huge crowd standing out front, and it turns out there was a wedding that was supposed to start soon, and all of the guests were waiting outside for the doors to open.  When they did open, the three of us slipped inside just so we could see the interior.  I'm glad we did because it was breath taking.  As we were slipping out and walking towards the castle the bride pulled up in the cutest little green car.  (That's another thing I love about France, all the cars and TINY.)  Well, you know me, I LOVE weddings, so I simply HAD to take a picture of the bride as she got out of her car.

After going around the Castle we decided to put in a little bit of shopping time.  Now I thought that France was supposed to be the Fashion Capital of the world, especially Paris, but as I walk around and just look at all the people I can't help but think how strange their fashion is.  And all the stores are filled with bizarre clothing and shoes.  However, while we were out today I did find this one jacket/shirt/sweater thing.  I'm honestly not sure what to call it, but it was literally the softest piece of clothing I have ever touched in my life.  So even though it was probably not worth the price, I just had to get it, and so I now have a jacket/shirt/sweater thing that's softer than chinchilla fur.

Of course we had to stop for a refreshment.  Ever time we go out we have to get something, and today it was ice cream.  There is this one ice cream franchise across Paris called Amorino.  Omigracious.  It is literally the best ice cream I've ever had in my life, and that includes Iceburg.  Now if you know anything about my love for ice cream, you'll know that I sweat by Iceburg, and I sing it's praises all the time.  My favorite part of Amonino is the when you get a cone (cornet) they scope it to look like a flower.  Literally the coolest way to eat your ice cream.  However, I probably shouldn't have gotten any, because that will make today's desserts number to three.  Sorbet after lunch, ice cream while shopping, and dessert sushi rolls (nutella and strawberries, can you say yum?!) after dinner...  Gosh, I'm thinking a diet is going to be in order once I get back from France.

And now this is me signing off, saying "Bonne nuit!" from Nantes, France!

No comments:

Post a Comment